Online registration for the Arabic Linguistics Forum is open now via the SOAS online store.
- Full fee £150.00 (GBP)
- Student fee £75.00 (GBP)
The registration fee includes tea/coffee and a cold buffet lunch for each of the three days of the conference and a welcome reception on Wednesday evening. Please advise us of any dietary or access requirements at the time of booking. If you have any questions about the registration process please contact us.
Thanks to funding from the Linguistics Association of Great Britain, we have funding available for a maximum of three student bursaries of (£100, i.e. registration fee + the cost of dinner). These will be awarded to the three students with the highest-rated abstracts who apply (by expressing interest in an email to email@example.com). Unfortunately, we are not able to offer any other form of funding for attendance at the conference or to offset travel expenses.
The conference dinner will take place at Salaam Namaste, an Indian restaurant a 10-minute walk from SOAS, on the evening of Thursday 5th July 2018.
Price: £25 (does not include drinks)
Attendance at the conference dinner is optional. If you wish to attend, you must book for the conference dinner as part of the online registration process. Shortly before the conference we will write to ask for your choices from the menu below.
- starters to share:
- Onion Bhaji (V)
- Meat Samosa*
- Travancore Chicken Curry* – A popular chicken curry from kerela, cooked in a pepper masala sauce, made from garlic, ginger, green chillies and ginger
- OR Sabzi Paneer (V) – Indian cheese chunks cooked with capsicum, tomatoes, green beans & baby corn in spicy sauce
- OR Kadhi Baby Aubergine (V) – Gujrati style, cooked in mildly spiced yoghurt curry leaf and mustard seed.
- OR Rogon Josh* – Traditional medium hot lamb curry
- OR Chicken Tikka Massala*
- sides to share:
- Tadka dal
- Pulao rice
- Naan bread
- Vanilla ice cream
- OR Fruit Sorbet
*All meat is halal